Thursday, June 26, 2008

Moving on UP!

Tomorrow will result in the culmination of much hard work. The company I have been working for the past three years has presented me with many opportunities. I have been working towards becoming a manager in a local restaurant. In spite of what is going on around me, I try to maintain my focus to move forward. Tomorrow is my first opportunity to run my restaurant on my own. To a degree, I am a little freaked out. However, I am excited more than anything. I am always looking for the chance to "prove" myself. And well, that opportunity has presented itself.
It's no secret that I left a relationship of 15 years about 3 years ago. One of the reasons that I left was because it became a verbally abusive situation. I heard many, many times that I would be nothing without my exhusband. I also heard that no one would want me if I had 3 kids and I heard on a regular basis what a disappointment I was. Well, 3 years later I am in a promising career, one semester away from a business degree, and involved in a mature and loving relationship. So, there is no disappointment anymore. Now there is pride and humility. I am proud of the person I have become. But I will never forget my path because if I do, then I will have learned nothing. And without learning, I would have experienced the whole thing for nothing. I think now, I would like to find indifference when it comes to feelings involving my ex-husband.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Hope the day of management went well. I for one am glad that you had the strength to get out of a messed up situation. We all deserve better than that.